From: jrisley at nex-web4 dot corp dot fedex dot com (Jason Risley)
Subject: RE: I need a simple encryption subroutine, to encrypt/decrypt a string
Date: Feb 18 1999 5:35PM

Steve,

For and app that I have where security is an issue, I do the following:

1. Gather initial password from Login Page,
2. Check to see if password is valid.
3. If not valid revoke access.
4. If valid, randomize a session key.
5. I associate and store the randomized session key to the password.
6. Each time the session key is used that record is timestamped.
7. I also have a cron job setup for every fifteen minutes, that if a session
key's timestampe is greater than 16 minutes old, then the session key record
is deleted and the user is required to relogin to continue (which generates
a new session key).

Also, in the session record contains additional information that I track
specific to the application.

Granted the above is a little bit more work, but it does keep things tight
as is required for the app.

Jason