From: Michael Peppler <mpeppler at MBAY dot NET>
Subject: Re: gdbm conflict???
Date: Feb 18 1999 5:22PM

>>>>> "Dave" == Dave Waller  writes:

Dave> Will all of the modules that I have made have to be reduilt and
Dave> reinstalled?

Probably.

Another way to do it would be to check the current version of perl
that redhat ships, get *that* source release, and build using the same
command that I mentioned below.

That should keep binary compatibility with any modules that you may
have installed.

Michael

Dave> Dave

Dave> Michael Peppler wrote:
>>  >>>>> "Dave" == Dave Waller  writes:

Dave> Has any one solved the gdbm conflict with SybPerl.  I have just
Dave> reinstalled, upgraded, (read: hosed) my system to the new RH5.2
Dave> with gnome and gotten every thing else hunky-dunky.  But I am
Dave> not all that exciteted aboiut recopiling and reinstalling perl
Dave> to do this.
>>  Actually, gdbm is not the problem. It's -ldb and -lndbm.
>>
>> What I've done is download the perl5.005_02 source, and the build
>> it with:
>>
>> ./Configure -ders -Dlibs="-lnsl -lgdbm -ldl -lm -lc -lposix
>> -lcrypt" make make test make install
>>
>> (which replaces the original perl with the new one)
>>
>> Michael -- Michael Peppler -||- Data Migrations Inc.
>> mpeppler@mbay.net -||- http://www.mbay.net/~mpeppler Int. Sybase
>> ase-linux-list@isug.com

Dave> -- Dave Waller Precision Drive and Control

Dave> Mitchell's Law of Committees: Any simple problem can be made
Dave> insoluble if enough meetings are held to discuss it.