From: Michael Peppler <mpeppler at MBAY dot NET>
Subject: gdbm conflict???
Date: Feb 18 1999 4:22PM

>>>>> "Dave" == Dave Waller  writes:

Dave> Has any one solved the gdbm conflict with SybPerl.  I have just
Dave> reinstalled, upgraded, (read: hosed) my system to the new RH5.2
Dave> with gnome and gotten every thing else hunky-dunky.  But I am
Dave> not all that exciteted aboiut recopiling and reinstalling perl
Dave> to do this.

Actually, gdbm is not the problem. It's -ldb and -lndbm.

What I've done is download the perl5.005_02 source, and the build it
with:

./Configure -ders -Dlibs="-lnsl -lgdbm -ldl -lm -lc -lposix -lcrypt"
make
make test
make install

(which replaces the original perl with the new one)