From: Steve Allen <sallen at sybase dot com>
Subject: Re: I need a simple encryption subroutine, to encrypt/decrypt a string
Date: Feb 18 1999 3:10PM

Chris Jack wrote:

> Perl has a function called crypt() that you could look at but that only
> does encryption (why do you need to decrypt?). Alternatively you could get
> PGP off the net. You could also try looking at the secure_rpc routines if
> they are available on your platform.
>
> It would be useful if you could give a little bit more information about
> what you are trying to achieve. Do you want to force users to access Sybase
> only through applications controlled by you or what?

I need to pass the information between forms ie perl/sybperl script which access a
database. Based on selections made it reconnects to the db, currently this is passed
on the query string but I need to encrypt/decrypt when I read the variable I need to
decrypt it so I can access the database as the user.
A main entry form takes the original password

Kind Regards
Steve Allen.