From: John_Erjavec at cargill dot com
Subject: Re: Using sybperl to automate 11.9.2 upgrade
Date: Feb 16 1999 9:44PM

I was wrong.  Added the close of STDIN did not solve the problem.  Still open to
suggestions...

-JEV
John Erjavec V
Cargill, Inc.
john_erjavec@cargill.com

Author:  John Erjavec at mtka
Date:    2/16/99 12:07 PM

When I put the '<&-' (to close STDIN) in the open() call, it seems to work.  I
say 'seems' because it does get out of the script, but there were problems with
a database, so I am not sure.  The commented out section hung, and it also hung
before I added the closing of STDIN to the open() call.  I never actually tried
system() since I would like to read in the STDOUT and STDERR to the program, and
print it out so that people can verify that things are going well.