From: "Damodharan, Venkat (VDamodharan)" <Venkat dot Damodharan at dresdnerrcm dot com>
Subject: RE: Running CGI
Date: Feb 11 1999 6:25PM

Hi there,

I am trying to run perl/sybperl on CGI using NT 4.0 Server.  I have
installed the apache webserver on NT 4.0.  My apache server path is
C:/program files/apache group/apache.

I have also, checked on the server, as given in the apache manual.  The
apache web server is running fine.  But when I call the perl script, it
hangs.  I am using Explorer 4 to test the apache web server.

I have put the following test.pl under C:/program files/apache
group/apache/cgi-bin directory.
If I give anything wrong, the server responses immediately, but when I try
to run the test.pl, the Explorer shows as trying to load the file and hangs.

The perl program works fine, from the dos prompt.

The code is:

#!c:/perl/bin/perl.exe -w

#use strict;

print "content-type: text/plain\n\n\n\n";
print "Hello, Venkat\n";

Any suggestion's?.

Rgds

Venkat Damodharan.