From: Michael Peppler <mpeppler at MBAY dot NET>
Subject: Sybperl error
Date: Feb 11 1999 12:43AM

>>>>> "Adam" == Adam Witney  writes:

Adam> Hello, I am trying to use sybperl on a Win98 machine with
Adam> Activestate perl v5.005_2 installed, using sybperl.zip
Adam> downloaded from Activestates site.  However, when i try to
Adam> execute a simple script to connect to the database:

Adam> then i receive the following error:

Adam> Can't load 'D:\PERL\site\lib/auto/Sybase/CTlib/CTlib.dll' for
Adam> module Sybase::CTl ib: load_file:One of the library files needed
Adam> to run this application cannot be found at
Adam> D:\PERL\lib/DynaLoader.pm line 168.

This means that the Sybase OpenClient libraries couldn't be found, or
that you have a version of OpenClient which is incompatible with the
version that ActiveState used when building the binaries.

I don't know which version of OpenClient ActiveState used - you'll
have to ask them...