From: "Sheree Hemphill" <sah18 at po dot cwru dot edu>
Subject: sybperl vs DBI/DBD
Date: Feb 10 1999 1:26PM

It's me again.  Since I am just getting started with this, I'd like to know
your opinion on which is the best direction to head in.  We are running a
single Sybase ASE database server at this time, so porting to various
database platforms is really not an issue.  Which is the preferred method of
connecting to a database using perl -- using sybperl or using DBI with
DBD::Sybase?  As far as I can see so far, they seem to have similar
functionality & I was wondering what the pros & cons of each are.  I would
like to go the simplest route possible, since I am new to this.  I did
notice that the DBD::Sybase driver is only at alpha release, which concerns
me a bit.  Anyway, any ideas that people have on this I would greatly
appreciate!

Thank you once again,
Sheree