From: "Dorfman, Robert" <DorfmanR at dnb dot com>
Subject: RE: Selecting charset or language from sybperl
Date: Feb 4 1999 8:20PM

I was following this thread a couple of weeks ago, but I haven't seen any
more information on it. I've recently become involved with MS-SQL Server 7.0
at my company. When you install this the default character set is Code Page
1252. According to their documentation, this is the ISO 8859-1 character set
(also known as the Latin 1 or ANSI character set). We use this character set
on our UNIX data servers and when we've transferred the information into SQL
Server we get the extended European characters correctly displayed with the
MS supplied front-ends.

HTH,
Robert Dorfman
Dun & Bradstreet