From: "Ezat Karimi"<ezat_karimi at harte-hanks dot com>
Subject: Installing Sybperl on Windows
Date: Feb 3 1999 5:46PM

     Hi,
     I have problem installing sybperl on my machine (running windows 95).
     I would appreciate any suggestion from you . I have tried Activestate
     release of perl too but had the same problems. My sybase adaptive
     server is version 11.5, and I have installed the open client libraries
     that come with it. Thanks,
     Ezat Karimi

     Here is what happens:

     Writing Makefile for Sybase::BCP
     Note (probably harmless): No library found for 'libcomn.lib' Note
     (probably harmless): No library found for 'import32.lib' Note
     (probably harmless): No library found for 'cw32mti.lib' Note (probably
     harmless): No library found for 'odbc32.lib' Note (probably harmless):
     No library found for 'odbccp32.lib'
     Warning: This extension wants to pass the switch "-prototypes" to
     xsubpp.
     Your version of xsubpp is 1.0 and cannot handle this. Please upgrade
     to a more recent version of xsubpp.
     Writing Makefile for Sybase::CTlib
     Note (probably harmless): No library found for 'libcomn.lib' Note
     (probably harmless): No library found for 'import32.lib' Note
     (probably harmless): No library found for 'cw32mti.lib' Note (probably
     harmless): No library found for 'odbc32.lib' Note (probably harmless):
     No library found for 'odbccp32.lib'
     Warning: This extension wants to pass the switch "-prototypes" to
     xsubpp.
     Your version of xsubpp is 1.0 and cannot handle this. Please upgrade
     to a more recent version of xsubpp.
     Writing Makefile for Sybase::DBlib
     Writing Makefile for Sybase::Sybperl Writing Makefile for Sybase::BCP
[...]

     And the following errors after running dmake:

     rem
     Too many parameters - &&
     Too many parameters - &&
     Too many parameters - &&