From: "Robert Banniza" <hunt127588 at home dot com>
Subject: RE: Linux .rpm ASE question...
Date: Dec 17 1999 2:45AM

Michael,
	Thanks guy for the help. I got Sybase 11.9.2 running along with Sybperl. I
fixed my local setting by adding an entry in the locales.dat file. It seems
to work great. The only other thing that is bothering me is the fact that
DSEDIT will still not ping my ASE server. What does I need to have running
on the ASE side (in particular) other than have the dataserver up and
running. I installed the sql-remote RPM but have not done anything yet other
than use srvbuild to get ASE up and build perl/sybperl. Anyone else out
there having this kind of problem with DSEDIT? Michael, thanks again. I
think I speak for all of the list when I say we appreciate what you have
done for us.

Robert

Happy Holidays