From: "Robert Banniza" <hunt127588 at home dot com>
Subject: Simple question about pinging ASE 11.9.2 (linux) with DSEDIT...
Date: Dec 16 1999 4:39AM

Guys,
	Can someone please tell me what I have done wrong. I'm trying to get Sybase
Central (Win 98 box) to connect to ASE 11.9.2 on linux. I have set up ASE
pretty much as a default install under user sybase and have been able to
connect to isql from the console. However, when I try to ping from DSEDIT, I
get the following error:

Open Connection to server at (192.168.1.3 4100) fails.
Loaded the Dynamic Link Library NLWNSCK.DLL(C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM\NLWNSCK.DLL).

I have also looked at my sql.ini file on my Win98 box and here is the
following:

[SYBASE_jove]
master=TCP,192.168.1.3 4100
query=TCP,192.168.1.3 4100

As for the interfaces files on Linux, here is what it looks like:

SYBASE_jove
        master tcp ether jove 4100
        query tcp ether jove 4100

SYBASE_jove_back
        master tcp ether jove 4200
        query tcp ether jove 4200

SYBASE_jove_mon
        master tcp ether jove 4300
        query tcp ether jove 4300

SYBASE_JOVE_XP
        master tcp ether jove 4400
        query tcp ether jove 4400

This WAS working fine under Red Hat 6.0. Now that I have re-installed
(formatted drive) everything and gone to Red Hat 6.1, it does not want to
connect. ANY help would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Robert