From: Jason Stajich <jason at chg dot mc dot duke dot edu>
Subject: setuid
Date: Dec 8 1999 10:36PM

Has anyone had any trouble running scripts and using DBD::Sybase or
Sybase::CTlib with setgid or setuid bit set? I need to
permit users to access files through a program w/o being able to normally
access the files.  I can alway separate my db routines from my file
routines to work around this, but I get the following when I have setuid
bit set.  Can't debug very well because perl won't allow debug in setuid
mode, but it works fine w/o setuid...

(solaris2.7, perl 5.00503))
SYBASE = /mysybasedir in this instance
         using sybase11.5

install_driver(Sybase) failed: Can't load
'/usr/local/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.005/sun4-solaris/auto/DBD/Sybase/Sybase.so'
for module DBD::Sybase: ld.so.1: /usr/local/bin/perl: fatal: relocation
error: file /mysybasedir/lib/libtcl.so: symbol comn_free:
referenced
symbol not found at
/usr/local/lib/perl5/5.00503/sun4-solaris/DynaLoader.pm line 169.

Jason Stajich
jason@chg.mc.duke.edu

----
Duke University Medical Center