From: Michael Peppler <mpeppler at peppler dot org>
Subject: Re: Arguments to SQL statements in Ctlib
Date: Nov 15 1999 4:03PM

Hrvoje Niksic writes:
 > Michael Peppler  writes:
 >
 > > Hrvoje Niksic writes:
 > >  > Is it possible to send SQL statements with arguments.  I'd like to
 > >  > write something like:
 > >  >
 > >  >     @results = ct_sql("SELECT foo FROM bar WHERE id=?", $needed_it);
 > >  >
 > >  > The ? syntax is borrowed from Perl DBI and is not required, but it
 > >  > should make my meaning clear.
 > >
 > > No, that isn't supported.
 >
 > But I assume your DBI module implements it (it's required by the spec)
 > -- should I use that instead?

That's up to you - it depends on what you want to do, and how you like
to code. Me I prefer the Sybase::* modules, because I'm so used to the
API, and the API is very close to the "real" Sybase API, which makes
it easy to extend or to make it do things like RPC calls, etc.

 > What's the current status of Sybase::DBI anyway?  Is it stable enough
 > for production code?

It's pretty stable, I think. Lots of people use it now. The one you
choose is really up to you...