PEPPLER.ORG
Michael Peppler
Sybase Consulting
Menu
Home
Sybase on Linux
Install Guide for Sybase on Linux
General Sybase Resources
General Perl Resources
Freeware
Sybperl
Sybase::Simple
DBD::Sybase
BCP Tool
Bug Tracker
Mailing List Archive
Downloads Directory
FAQs
Sybase on Linux FAQ
Sybperl FAQ
Personal
Michael Peppler's resume

sybperl-l Archive

Up    Prev    Next    

From: John Reid <jreid at ocireland dot com>
Subject: Re: Make test errors: help
Date: Nov 4 1999 3:43PM

On  4 Nov, Michael Peppler wrote:
> Tim Kay writes:
>  > Hi,
>  >     I've a wierd problem building the SybPerl package on one of our servers,
>  > both the server and a develpment machine are using RedHat 6.0 with Perl 5.005_03
>  > built for i386-linux. The development machine built the package with no problem
>  > anf the tests went without a hitch, the server however failed the tests with the
>  > following messages:
>  > 
> 
>  > Test::Harness qw(&runtests $verbose); $verbose=0; runtests @ARGV;' t/*.t
>  > t/ctlib.............dubious
>  >  Test returned status 0 (wstat 139, 0x8b)
>  > Undefined subroutine &Test::Harness::WCOREDUMP called at
> 
> See http://gw.peppler.org/cgi-bin/bug.cgi?__state=2&id=267 and
> http://www.mbay.net/~mpeppler/Linux-ASE-FAQ.html#q1.14 for the reason
> why you get that core dump.
> 
> Michael

Hi guys,

This problem and the fix bugged me for quite some time - the reason
being that DBI access worked in some situations and not others.

I'll explain:

When I first installed RedHat 6.0 I used DBI::Sybase 0.19 (this applies
to SybPerl also) and everything went swimmingly. I tried to install
0.20 and 0.21 when they came out but they would not build. I didn't
have time to pursue the problem so I ignored it - 0.19 still worked.

When I upgraded to RedHat 6.1, CGI access via DBI still worked. Only
when I tried to run dbgui several days later, did something appear to
be wrong. I still hadn't looked at Michael's page so I was very
puzzled. I tried various things and then checked Michael's page for
further information. I noticed the definition and fix for the problem.

Rather than force environments to be what sybase wanted and causing
problems with other aspects of the system I decided to force sybase
into accepting the status quo of my system.

You can edit the [linux] section of locales.dat to reflect other
environments
        locale = en_US, us_english, iso_1
This covered the command line environment of my system.

DBD::Sybase 0.21 and sybperl now compiled with no problems. There have
been no other apparent problems since this change was made.

-- 
John Reid
Senior Analyst/Programmer
Open Connect (Ireland) Ltd
http://www.openconnect.ie/