From: "Callahan, Barry" <callahan at UU dot NET>
Subject: RE: sp_serverinfo error and MS SQL 7.0
Date: Oct 26 1999 8:38PM

sp_server_info is a Catalog Stored Procedure. I believe
these procs were originally added in Sybase to support ODBC.

It's been a Long time since i messed w/MS SQL server
but there use to be a separate SQL install script for
'ODBC'.  It was in that backend script that these procs
were created.  Does your MS SQL 7 install have the
other catalog procs? (ie: sp_columns, sp_column_privileges,
sp_tables, etc...)

--barry