From: "Matthew Dickerson" <mdickerson at btm dot co dot uk>
Subject: Oracle6 to Sybase data migration
Date: Oct 26 1999 12:07PM

Hi There,

I have old Oracle 6 database with a couple of hundred data tables in it. Due to Y2K reasons I wish to migrate this to a SYBASE database. I know I want to use Sybperl to get the information into SYBASE. What I dont know is how to get the information out of this old and antiquated database into a format that I can get PERL to read.

Any information on how to extract this data would be greatly appreciated. I'm looking for something quick and dirty, but any info will help.

Thanks,

Matthew Dickerson

The information transmitted is intended only for the person or entity to which it is addressed and may contain confidential and/or
privileged material.  Any review, retransmission, dissemination or other use of, or taking of any action in reliance upon, this
information by persons or entities other than the intended recipient is prohibited.   If you received this in error, please contact the
sender and delete the material from any computer...