From: "Wechsler, Steven M" <WechslerSM at bernstein dot com>
Subject: sp_serverinfo error and MS SQL 7.0
Date: Oct 25 1999 6:53PM

OK, we've been successfully connecting to SQL Server 7.0 for several months
now, using DB-Library with Sybperl (we're using the patched MS-SQL Server
rather than the fixed version of Sybperl).

However, whenever we connect, we get an error message saying:

Msg 2812, Level 16, State 62
Server 'servername',
        Could not find stored procedure 'sp_serverinfo'.

It appears that either DB-Library or Sybperl is running this sp_serverinfo
command.  However, even without a successful run of sp_serverinfo,
everything elase appears to work fine.

Sybooks makes two mentions of sp_serverinfo, but only in passing (i.e. when
it is mentioning what stored procedures access a different procedure).  A
search of Usenet turned up similarly useless information.

Any idea what causes this error, and if there's a way to suppress it?  I
know, I could modify the error handler to specifically ignore this message
on connecting, but sometimes I prefer to use nsql's built-in error handlers.

Thanks,

Steve
--
Steve Wechsler/Senior DB Administrator/Sanford C. Bernstein & Co.
WechslerSM@bernstein.com