From: Steven Allen <sallen at SYBASE dot COM>
Subject: SYBPERL 2.1.x
Date: Oct 21 1999 9:00AM

Folks,

I have been using sybperl for sometime and very pleased with it, however
I am really seeing a weird problem, the application I developed is a
diary/statistics tool which uses many arrays, during normal operation
using top it consumes about 8mb of memory per process, but after about
1hour the application starts consuming anything upto 137mb the users
will always be selecting the same criteria why could this be? , I am
using sybperl2-11 and perl5.004 this problem leads to the machine
hanging as when I have about 10 connections in via the web(apache 1.3.6)
all consuming this amount of memory there's very little left, any ideas
on how I can resolve this or what could be causing it this effect

Many Thanks
Steve