From: Konrad Zak <konrad at uni dot wroc dot pl>
Subject: question on upgrade
Date: Oct 13 1999 7:00PM

hello sybpeople
	few months ago I built sybperl on my linux redhat 6.0. everything works
fine, but I've just found rpms for redhat:

sybperl-2.09_04-1libc.i386.rpm
sybperl-2.09_05-2.i386.rpm
sybperl-ctlib-2.09_05-2.i386.rpm

question(s) is(are): how to check what version of sybperl I am currently
using? does it make sens to install this rpms (one of them, I suppose)?
Is it safe for aplications I've developed so far? should I remove old
sybperl files first? if so, where can I found them? "find / -name
sybperl -print" doesn't show anything.

	I'd be grateful for any hints from you. It's pretty sure that some of
you are experienced in such upgrade :)

best regards.
--

  Konrad Zak, University of Wroclaw, Wroclaw, POLAND
  The Interfaculty Lab of Computer Networks and Software