From: Michael Peppler <mpeppler at MBAY dot NET>
Subject: NEED HELP,
Date: Jan 26 1999 10:55PM

>>>>> "Sofienne" == Sofienne bahri  writes:

Sofienne> Hello, I'm working on a project to build a web based
Sofienne> database application using sybperl. The system is already
Sofienne> implemented using sybase Apt workbench for creating
Sofienne> forms. The old form validate all the fiels entered by the
Sofienne> user and creates an sql select based on the values (notnull)
Sofienne> of the different fields. The problem is that we want to use
Sofienne> the maximum of stored procedure in the server and call them
Sofienne> from The CGI. I do not know if there is a way to call only
Sofienne> the functions of APT-workbench just to validate the web
Sofienne> form.

I doubt it.

Input validation is always a bitch from a CGI. You really have to let
the user fill in all the fields, submit the script and then validate
all the input that they put it (unless you want to validate part of it
using javascript or something similar...)

You can still use stored procs to do the validation, of course...