From: Michael Peppler <mpeppler at MBAY dot NET>
Subject: [Fwd: installing sybperl on windows]
Date: Jan 26 1999 7:43PM

>>>>> "Ezat" == Ezat Karimi  writes:

Ezat> Michael, I know you say in the readme.win for sybperl that we
Ezat> should contact sybperl-l@trln.lib.unc.edu if there is any
Ezat> problem with the installation. I did that but I have not
Ezat> received any response. I even posted a message on the perl news
Ezat> group but no luck. Is there any other place that I can help with
Ezat> the installation?

information for subscribing is on my web page.

Ezat> I have problem installing sybperl on my machine (running windows
Ezat> 95). I would appreciate any suggestion from you.  Thanks, Ezat
Ezat> Karimi

Ezat> Here is what happens:

Ezat> Writing Makefile for Sybase::BCP Note (probably harmless): No
Ezat> library found for 'libcomn.lib'

(etc.)

This actually not harmless.
The build can't find at least some of the libraries that it needs.

Ezat> Warning: This extension wants to pass the switch "-prototypes"
Ezat> to xsubpp.  Your version of xsubpp is 1.0 and cannot handle
Ezat> this.  Please upgrade to a more recent version of xsubpp.

I suspect that you've got a pretty old version of perl installed. I
would imagine that upgrading it to the latest ActiveState release
would help.