From: glen at SOCRATES dot BERKELEY dot EDU
Subject: Re: compiling Sybperl for Sybase 11.9.2 on Sun
Date: Jan 6 1999 8:41PM

sqlda.h is not a part of the base install for Adaptive Server, and it
is not found in older version of OpenClient.  You need to upgrade your
OpenClient to version 11.x.x.  Adaptive Server 11.5 and higher installs
a runtime version of OpenClient 11 without the static libraries or the
lateste .h files.

You might get these missing files in one of the upgrade patches from
Sybase, but you need a service contract number to access the upgrade
web site.

Unix versions of ASE come with the bonus of a full OpenClient/C developers
kit for Windows.  Why they don't also include a full kit for the server's
platform is another of those mysterious Sybase marketing decisions.

Glen Jackson
glen@socrates.berkeley.edu                        `0-0'    (uh-oh)
IST-Museum Informatics Project        --------oOO---^---OOo-------
110 Doe Library