From: Michael Peppler <mpeppler at MBAY dot NET>
Subject: Error: HTTPd: malformed header from script problem -- any clues?
Date: Jan 5 1999 11:04PM

>>>>> "Roleigh" == Roleigh Martin  writes:

Roleigh> But when I execute the below HTML (same HTML file) online
Roleigh> (ie, the CGI script is executed via HTML-invoking), I get
Roleigh> this output in my browser:

Roleigh> 500 Server Error

My bet is that the SYBASE environment variable is not set correctly in
the script. The SYbase libraries need this variable to find the
interfaces file.

If you use the Apache http server you can set the variable in the
httpd.conf file with the SetEnv directive, or you can set it in the
script itself:

BEGIN {
     $ENV{SYBASE} = '/the/sybase/home/directory';
}

use Sybase::DBlib;
etc...