From: Jiaqing J Lai <Jiaqing dot J dot Lai at aexp dot com>
Subject: Re: compiling Sybperl for Sybase 11.9.2 on Sun
Date: Jan 4 1999 8:59PM

I have received too many mails since I subscribed SYBPERL.
Does anyone know how to stop it.
Thanks!

mpeppler%mbay.net @ Internet
01/04/99 10:04 AM
To:	SYBPERL-L%listproc.net @ Internet
cc:	mpeppler%mbay.net @ Internet, SYBPERL-L%listproc.net @ Internet (bcc:
Jiaqing J Lai)
Subject:	compiling Sybperl for Sybase 11.9.2 on Sun

Bernard> Initially I seem to have had a problem with one of the Sybase
Bernard> header files: ctpublic.h which is included in CTlib.xs
Bernard> ctpublic.h includes a header file called sqlda.h. There is no
Bernard> sqlda.h!

This is a problem with the Sybase distribution. The sqlda.h file
*should* be there. If it isn't then you should contact Sybase to have
them ship it to you (or download the linux libraries from my web site
and get the file from that distribution.

Bernard> qw(&runtests $verbose); $verbose=0; runtests @ARGV;' t/*.t
Bernard> t/dblib.............Can't call method "dbsqlok" on an
Bernard> undefined value at t/dblib.t line 132.  dubious Test returned

This is a known problem with recent DBlibrary releases - dbsqlok()
seems to fail when passed the -1 timeout. There is a case open with
Sybase about this problem.