From: Michael Peppler <mpeppler at mbay dot net>
Subject: compiling Sybperl for Sybase 11.9.2 on Sun
Date: Jan 4 1999 3:30PM

>>>>> "Bernard" == Bernard Harrison  writes:

Bernard> Initially I seem to have had a problem with one of the Sybase
Bernard> header files: ctpublic.h which is included in CTlib.xs
Bernard> ctpublic.h includes a header file called sqlda.h. There is no
Bernard> sqlda.h!

This is a problem with the Sybase distribution. The sqlda.h file
*should* be there. If it isn't then you should contact Sybase to have
them ship it to you (or download the linux libraries from my web site
and get the file from that distribution.

Bernard> qw(&runtests $verbose); $verbose=0; runtests @ARGV;' t/*.t
Bernard> t/dblib.............Can't call method "dbsqlok" on an
Bernard> undefined value at t/dblib.t line 132.  dubious Test returned

This is a known problem with recent DBlibrary releases - dbsqlok()
seems to fail when passed the -1 timeout. There is a case open with
Sybase about this problem.