From: Nathan Pilatzke <nathan at info dot load-otea dot hrdc-drhc dot gc dot ca>
Subject: how to use ct_sql
Date: Sep 30 1998 8:02PM

I'm a new Sybperl user and I'm having problems using ct_sql.

I have a command in my CGI script that looks like:
@results = $dbh->ct_sql("select " .
                            "* " .
                        "from " .
                            "unjust, decisions " .
                        "where " .
                            "Lsep_ref_no='788-3B-10218' and " .
                            "Lsep_ref_no=Lsep_ref_no_2 and " .
                            "Decision_no=1");

This command works, but I want to return an arrary of hash references.  I
read the documentation and tried this for the last line:
                            "Decision_no=1", ,1);
and:
                            "Decision_no=1", ,CS_TRUE);
but those both return the error:
Open Client Message: (In msg_cb)
Message number LAYER=(1) ORIGIN=(1) SEVERITY=(1) NUMBER=(159)
Message String: ct_cmt_drop(): user api layer: external error: This
routine can be called only if the command structure is idle

I can't find any examples in the documentation on how to use the hash
structure.  Can anyone help?

thanks.