From: cchrysos at ovid dot com
Subject: Re: dblogin-->charset cp850 driving me nuts!!!
Date: Sep 30 1998 3:00PM

You have to use sybinit to add the cp850 character set. This will make an
entry in master..syscharsets.

Chris Chrysostom
Ovid Technolgies, Inc.
Murray, Utah
801-281-3884

joseph> From:  joseph.vargyas@bankerstrust.com on 09/30/98 01:18 AM GMT
joseph> Please respond to SYBPERL-L@listproc.net
joseph> To:    SybPerl Discussion List
joseph> cc:
joseph> Subject:    dblogin-->charset cp850 driving me nuts!!!

joseph> Ever since "upgrading" to Perl 5.00502, Sybperl 2.09xx I've been
getting
joseph> the
joseph> following message:

joseph> Msg 2409, Level 11, State 2
joseph> Server 'XTC', Line 1
joseph>         Cannot find the requested character set in Syscharsets:
name =
joseph> 'cp850'.

joseph> everywhere I use dblogin().  The same thing happens for every login
 used in
joseph>  the
joseph> test scripts.

joseph> Background:
joseph>      -- New Perl built from 5.00502 source on Win NT 4 using VC++ 5
joseph> (multithreading
joseph>      build).  Tests all ok except one POSIX subtest.

joseph>      -- libwin32 0.13 built, tested, and installed all ok.

joseph>      -- Sybperl 2.0905 built ok, tested all ok except for BCP
subtest 9 (I
joseph> haven't
joseph>      figured out why it failed yet), installed ok.

joseph>      -- Previous installation was Perl 5.001m + Sybperl for NT
binary
joseph> distribution.
joseph>      Everything worked fine, and I definetly did not    receive the
 above
joseph> message at
joseph>      every login.

joseph> If anyone has any idea why this message should begin appearing in
this new
joseph> version,
joseph> I would very much like to know.  I would be particularly interested
 in
joseph> knowing how
joseph> to fix/supress it, since it breaks many of our existing scripts.

joseph> -joe