From: joseph dot vargyas at bankerstrust dot com
Subject: RE: dblogin-->charset cp850 driving me nuts!!!
Date: Sep 30 1998 2:10PM

Success!  Thanks for the solution to this vexing problem.  I will install
the cp850 charset on our server in the next few days.  In the meantime I
will employ the quick fix of setting the charset to iso_1 before the call
to dblogin/new.  Thanks also for the tip on setting the packet size -- I'll
experiment.

I wonder why the earlier build of Sybperl, that I've used until now, did
not exhibit the charset error.  Could it be that the iso_1 charset was hard
coded into that release?  Or else error messages were handled differently?
Just curious...

Anyway, thanks again.  Can't beat that Open Source support!

cheers,

-joe