From: joseph dot vargyas at bankerstrust dot com
Subject: dblogin-->charset cp850 driving me nuts!!!
Date: Sep 30 1998 1:18AM

Ever since "upgrading" to Perl 5.00502, Sybperl 2.09xx I've been getting
the
following message:

Msg 2409, Level 11, State 2
Server 'XTC', Line 1
        Cannot find the requested character set in Syscharsets:  name =
'cp850'.

everywhere I use dblogin().  The same thing happens for every login used in
 the
test scripts.

Background:
     -- New Perl built from 5.00502 source on Win NT 4 using VC++ 5
(multithreading
     build).  Tests all ok except one POSIX subtest.

     -- libwin32 0.13 built, tested, and installed all ok.

     -- Sybperl 2.0905 built ok, tested all ok except for BCP subtest 9 (I
haven't
     figured out why it failed yet), installed ok.

distribution.
     Everything worked fine, and I definetly did not    receive the above
message at
     every login.

If anyone has any idea why this message should begin appearing in this new
version,
I would very much like to know.  I would be particularly interested in
knowing how
to fix/supress it, since it breaks many of our existing scripts.

-joe