From: philip dot c dot w dot chan at hsbcam dot com
Subject: ASE for Linux
Date: Sep 28 1998 6:09PM

       Hi,

       Recently I downloaded the Linux version of Sybase ASE 11.0.3.3
       from Redhat.  When I run the rpm program for the downloaded
       packages I was getting the message "datatype 9 not supported",
       then rpm will abort after that.

       I'm running Redhat 5.0 and not sure if that is causing problem.
       Can someone tell me what is the minimum software requirement
       for the Linux ASE?

       Thanks,
       Philip

This information (including any attached information) is issued by
a member of the HSBC Asset Management Group of companies for the
information of its non-private customers only.  It is not an
invitation to buy or sell securities. HSBC Asset Management makes
no representation and accepts no responsibility or liability as to
its completeness or accuracy.

Each page attached hereto must also be read in conjunction with any
disclaimer which forms part of it.