From: Scott Sutherland <suthsc at ncs dot com>
Subject: Re: Sybperl on Linux
Date: Sep 21 1998 6:19PM

Michael Peppler  writes:

> For various reasons I'd like to know about sybperl being used on Linux
> systems in production environments.

Well, It's not a production environment, but I am using sybperl on
Slakware 3.5 Linux without a hitch.  I'm using it mainly as a more
versitle development system then our production environment (AIX)
where several people have to test in order to upgrade perl, etc.

As for the application, we have a propritry system which performs data
clensing on an IBM mainframe which uses a text based, semi-free form
language.  Needless to say the language is somewhat confusing, so we
designed a front end to a database and generate the language with
sybperl.

HTH,

Scott

--
Scott Sutherland                          National Computer Systems
(319) 354-9200                        Measurement Services Division