From: "Dinan, Danila" <Danila dot Dinan at vtmednet dot org>
Subject: Unexpected behavior with Sybperl.
Date: Sep 17 1998 2:47PM

I am using sybperl dblib library to access sysbase.
It seems that the first SQL command I send to the server kicks out a syntax
error even tough the syntax is correct.
I used the dbstrcpy command to make sure the command buffer is the way I
think it is. I am also processing the results after each sqlexec command
using:
            while( $dbh->dbresutls != NO_MORE_ROW ) {
                  while( @data = $dbh->dbnextrow ) { }
	}

The command I am using is: select 1 from sysobjects where type='V' and
name='viewname'
If I run the same command again, I get no error the second time.
Is there something I need to do after using the $dbh->dbuse($database) to
clean up, it seems that the       problem only occurs on the first command.

     This is my first attemp at using sybperl and I very much apreciate any
insight and suggestion you might have.
      Thanks in advance.

  Danila Dinan
  Fletcher Allen Health Care