From: "pang khong lin" <klpang at hotmail dot com>
Subject: Re: updating of record
Date: Sep 16 1998 12:54AM

You are right, putting double qoutes does solve some of the problem. For
the data types that are INT, there should not be any double qoutes and
it worked even if the field is empty. In addition, CHAR is not a problem
as long it is in double quote. But other data field like DATETIME and
MONEY would need to insert double quotes and following the format ( that
one chose ) exactly.
Like "MM/DD/YYYY HH:MM:SS" or "00.00".

Hope this would help other newbies like me . . . and thanks Michael.