From: Michael Peppler <mpeppler at mbay dot net>
Subject: RE: Sybperl 2.09 vs Sybase OpenClient 11.1
Date: Sep 15 1998 7:09PM

Perumal, Saravana writes:
 > 	1. Message in the FAQ which comes with sybperl 2.09_05(pack) from
 > Sybperl homepage.

 > ----------------
 > 	There are two known problems:
 > 	The Sybase::CTlib module does not work with OpenClient 11.x. I do
 > not
 > 	 know what the problem is, and have not been able to investigate
 > this.
 > 	The test input file for the Sybase::BCP module gets mangled by
 > WinZip,
 > 	and this causes the tests for Sybase::BCP to fail. Daniel Durbin
 > suggests the following fix:

This is related to sybperl on WinNT. You are on Solaris 2.x, so it is
irrelevant.

 > 	The context allocation routine failed when it tried to load
 > localization files!!

This is an installation problem, probably due to incompatible versions
of Sybase OpenClient installed in different places.

Where is OC 11.1 installed on your machine?
What is $SYBASE set to?

Alternatively, you have LC_LANG (or something similar) set to some
non-standard value, but I don't really think that that is the problem.