From: "Cross, David" <david dot cross at csfb dot com>
Subject: RE: dereferencing
Date: Sep 11 1998 1:18PM

> ----------

$ta_no will now be a reference to an array. Each element of that array will
be a reference to another array. Each element of these arrays will be a
value returned from the database. To demonstrate:

my ($row, $col);

foreach $row (@$ta_no)
{
    foreach $col (@$row)
    {
        print "$col\t";
    }
    print "\n";
}

To directly access the data that's in row $r and column $c use:

$ta_no->[$r][$c]

Therefore if you know that your statement only returns one row you can
simplify the above to:

my $col;

foreach $col (@{$ta_no->[0]})
{
    print "$col\t";
}

And if you know that you your statement only returns one row and one column
you can simplify it even more to:

print "$ta_no->[0][0]\n";

Hope this helps, let me know if you need any more help,

Dave...