From: "Kurt A dot Seiffert" <seiffert at indiana dot edu>
Subject: Re: SYBASE variable
Date: Sep 10 1998 6:17PM

We ran across this problem when we had compiled Syb-perl against 11.1
Open-client included with Sybase 11.5, but then tried to use it where
our SYBASE variable pointed at a 10.02 Open-client as with 11.0x.

For instance, compile sybperl with SYBASE=/opt/sybase/sybase115.

Then run sybperl with SYBASE=/opt/sybase/sybase1102.

We got the same error message. The reason had to do with the 11.1
Open-Client having a seperate directory for the localization files. If
you examine the 11.1 directory structure you can spot the difference. I
think we were also able to patch this by placing the a link to the 11.1
localization files in the 10.02 directory tree. I don't have the details
in front of me.

Of course the other option is to recompile sybperl using the 10.02
libraries. That seems to work fine with 11.1.

-KAS

--
Kurt A. Seiffert                                   Indiana University
Decision Support Integration Analyst               Bloomington, IN 47408