From: Michael Peppler <mpeppler at mbay dot net>
Subject: sp_spaceused in sybperl
Date: Sep 9 1998 11:34PM

Kimber Robbins writes:
 > I am writing a sybperl script to run sp_spaceused and print the output
 > to a file. I am using Sybase::DBlib. I keep getting the following error:
 >
 > DB-Library error:
 >         Attempt to initiate a new SQL Server operation with results
 > pending.
 >
 > Does anyone know why this is happening? Also dbsucceed fails.

The stored proc returns multiple result sets.

Call it with $dbh->sql(), or make sure that you execute dbresults() in
a loop until it returns NO_MORE_RESULTS, like this:

$dbh->dbcmd("sp_spaceused the_table");
$dbh->dbsqlexec;
while($dbh->dbresults != NO_MORE_RESULTS) {
	while(@dat = $dbh->dbnextrow) {
		print "@dat\n";    # or whatever you want to do...