From: Mihai Ibanescu <misa at dntis dot ro>
Subject: Re: Successful CTLib on RedHat Linux 5.1 with Apache
Date: Sep 3 1998 8:04AM

On Thu, 3 Sep 1998, Brad Dietrich wrote:

> All,
>
> After searching for an answer to the same problem I see on you mailing
> list, I decided to take it upon myself to institute the fixes to the
> problems that were found by Ted Law.  I wasn't sure how to provide a
> smaller patch version of the offending library, so the tar ball included
> contains the full patched library as well as source, object and library
> code for the glue function that I implimented (under Michael Peppler's
> suggestion).
>
> Basically, I just renamed the function sigaction to sybaction in the
> libsybtcl.a library, then implimented sybaction to convert the
> structures between the one expected by glibc on RedHat and the one ctlib
> was compiled against.
>
> I compiled sybperl by linking in the library libsybaction.a which is
> included in both source and binary format by including it in the
> extralibs file.  Probably could be included in the CONFIG file as well.
> *shrug*.
>
> I have had success running with the resulting perl binary under Apache
> on my RedHat 5.1 (kernel 2.0.35), but don't offer any guarantees for
> anyone else.
>
> I reccomend backing up your libsybtcl.a file as the one included in here
> has been modified.
>
> You can get my fix at:
>     ftp://ns1.focusc-clients.com/pub/ctlib-rhlinux-fix.tar.gz
>
> Please feel free to distribute if you would like.
>
> cheers,
>
> -Brad
>

> P.S. Michael,  I am copying you in case I didn't address this mail
> properly to go to the whole list.  Also, please feel free to include on
> your website if you feel it deserves it.

	Great work, Brad.
	RedHat users, I'll upload the modified rpm to Redhat's contrib
directory. The (working) packages are named:

sybperl-2.09_05-2.i386.rpm
sybperl-ctlib-2.09_05-2.i386.rpm

	In the meantime, they are available at the usual location:

ftp://sysadm.dntis.ro/pub/devel/sybperl

	NOTE!
	This seems to fix the libtermcap problem as well.

Good luck,

						Mihai

	Mihai Ibanescu			Dynamic Network Technologies
http://sysadm.dntis.ro/~misa	      Moara de Foc 35, et. 7, 6600 Iasi
	misa@dntis.ro			    tel. +40-32-252936