Up Prev Next
From: Mihai Ibanescu <misa at dntis dot ro>
Subject: Re: Successful CTLib on RedHat Linux 5.1 with Apache
Date: Sep 3 1998 8:04AM
On Thu, 3 Sep 1998, Brad Dietrich wrote:
> After searching for an answer to the same problem I see on you mailing
> list, I decided to take it upon myself to institute the fixes to the
> problems that were found by Ted Law. I wasn't sure how to provide a
> smaller patch version of the offending library, so the tar ball included
> contains the full patched library as well as source, object and library
> code for the glue function that I implimented (under Michael Peppler's
> Basically, I just renamed the function sigaction to sybaction in the
> libsybtcl.a library, then implimented sybaction to convert the
> structures between the one expected by glibc on RedHat and the one ctlib
> was compiled against.
> I compiled sybperl by linking in the library libsybaction.a which is
> included in both source and binary format by including it in the
> extralibs file. Probably could be included in the CONFIG file as well.
> I have had success running with the resulting perl binary under Apache
> on my RedHat 5.1 (kernel 2.0.35), but don't offer any guarantees for
> anyone else.
> I reccomend backing up your libsybtcl.a file as the one included in here
> has been modified.
> You can get my fix at:
> Please feel free to distribute if you would like.
> P.S. Michael, I am copying you in case I didn't address this mail
> properly to go to the whole list. Also, please feel free to include on
> your website if you feel it deserves it.
Great work, Brad.
RedHat users, I'll upload the modified rpm to Redhat's contrib
directory. The (working) packages are named:
In the meantime, they are available at the usual location:
This seems to fix the libtermcap problem as well.
Mihai Ibanescu Dynamic Network Technologies
http://sysadm.dntis.ro/~misa Moara de Foc 35, et. 7, 6600 Iasi
firstname.lastname@example.org tel. +40-32-252936