From: "Cross, David" <david dot cross at csfb dot com>
Subject: RE: sybperl for MS Information Server Question
Date: Sep 2 1998 7:58AM

Mike,

[copied to the Sybperl list as it might be of use to others that are trying
to use sybperl with ActivePerl]

My immediate thought was that the package is called 'Sybperl' instead, but
on checking I see that it's spelt with a lower case 's', so you have the
name right.

The other option is that your net access is through a proxy server. If this
is true then you'll have to find out the proxy's address from a sysadmin
type. Having got the address you can set the %HTTP_Proxy% environment
variable to this address before starting ppm.

One way to check if what's going on is to run the command 'search' from
within ppm. This will list all of the packages that ppm can find on the
ActiveState server (should be a *very* long list). If your proxy is set up
wrongly, then it won't be able to see any of these packages and you'll
probably get an error message.

Let me know how you get on,

Dave...