From: Mihai Ibanescu <misa at dntis dot ro>
Subject: RE: RH Sybperl and TDS
Date: Sep 1 1998 8:50AM

On Mon, 24 Aug 1998, Stepan, Jamison wrote:

> Well, here's what I did. I downloaded and installed the freetds stuff just
> like they said. I then went to my Sybperl directory and modified the CONFIG
> file to build with the tds lib, to build DBlib, and removed the extra
> libraries except for -lcrypt.
> Now here's the most important step. You need to remove any trace of the
> previous sybperl from your /usr/lib/perl5/site_perl/ directories. There are
> about three places that it is hiding so it might take a bit to find all the
> pieces. In particular look under auto/ and i386.../auto. Also remove any
> trace of DBD::Sybase. The makefiles for these will not do clean uninstalls
> so you have to do it manually. You should do the make uninstall though to
> get rid of the linking.
> Once that is done do your build like before:
> perl Makefile.PL
> make
> make test
> Once make test happens, you might get a fail. You might need to go into
> Makefile.aperl and search and remove any trace of DBD::Sybase and the old
> Sybase::CTlib stuff.
> Then it should work.

	I've tried exactly as you said, and when I `make test' I get:

DBlib.o(.text+0x50a3): undefined reference to `dbsqlsend'
In function `XS_Sybase__DBlib_dbpoll':
DBlib.o(.text+0x539d): undefined reference to `dbpoll'
make[1]: *** [perl] Error 1
make[1]: Leaving directory `/mnt/devel/sybperl-2.09_05'
make: *** [perl] Error 2

	Did you have the same problem?

	Mihai Ibanescu			Dynamic Network Technologies	      Moara de Foc 35, et. 7, 6600 Iasi			    tel. +40-32-252936