From: eedtok at eed dot ericsson dot se (Thomas Klein)
Subject: Re: LD_LIBRARY_PATH on Solaris
Date: Aug 28 1998 12:06PM

> Why do you need LD_LIBRARY_PATH in the first place?

I do not need LD_LIBRARY_PATH, but i do have some users which will have it.

> My advice is to remove /usr/lib from LD_LIBRARY_PATH.

That's only possible if i write a shell-wrapper for every sybperl
script which strips the path out.

My intention is to write robust scripts which will work with or without
the LD_LIBRARY_PATH set.

Can somebody tell me why this BEGIN doesn't work?

>  > BEGIN {
>  >     # Mandatory settings for the Sybase CTLib package
>  >     # This instructions have to be executed before the
>  >     # package CTLib is loaded!
>  >         $ENV{'LD_LIBRARY_PATH'}="/opt/local/sybase/lib:".$ENV{LD_LIBRARY_PATH};
>  >         $ENV{'SYBASE'}="/opt/local/sybase";
>  > }

/Thomas

--
Thomas Klein                        Network Administrator, EED/I
Ericsson Eurolab Deutschland GmbH   Email: eedtok@eed.ericsson.se