From: John_Erjavec at CARGILL dot COM
Subject: DBI or Sybperl? Opinions on which to use...
Date: Aug 25 1998 8:26PM

     Hello all-

     In the company I used to work for, we used Sybperl for all our data
     crunching, and I was planning on doing most of my stuff here the same
     way.  Last week I went to the Perl Conference, and heard more about
     DBI and the DBD:: modules.  Question.  Would it be better to use
     Sybperl or the DBI/DBD method?  What are the pros and cons?  I am just
     starting to migrate work from shell scripting to Perl, so I have the
     luxury of not having to worry about old Sybperl code.  thanks for the
     info.

     -JEV
     John Erjavec V, Sybase DBA
     Cargill, Inc.