From: "Stepan, Jamison" <Jamison dot Stepan at state dot mn dot us>
Subject: RE: RH Sybperl and TDS
Date: Aug 24 1998 12:25PM

Well, here's what I did. I downloaded and installed the freetds stuff just
like they said. I then went to my Sybperl directory and modified the CONFIG
file to build with the tds lib, to build DBlib, and removed the extra
libraries except for -lcrypt.

Now here's the most important step. You need to remove any trace of the
previous sybperl from your /usr/lib/perl5/site_perl/ directories. There are
about three places that it is hiding so it might take a bit to find all the
pieces. In particular look under auto/ and i386.../auto. Also remove any
trace of DBD::Sybase. The makefiles for these will not do clean uninstalls
so you have to do it manually. You should do the make uninstall though to
get rid of the linking.

Once that is done do your build like before:
perl Makefile.PL
make
make test

Once make test happens, you might get a fail. You might need to go into
Makefile.aperl and search and remove any trace of DBD::Sybase and the old
Sybase::CTlib stuff.

Then it should work.

Jamison