From: Michael Peppler <mpeppler at mbay dot net>
Subject: Sybperl on IRIX 6.4 IP22
Date: Aug 21 1998 12:22AM

Tomki Camp writes:
 > I'm having difficulties compiling on my platform..  I am pretty sure
 > that I've tried all the things suggested in the FAQ.  I get an error
 > telling me:
 > ld32: FATAL 12: Expecting n32 objects: /usr/sybase/lib/libct.so is o32
 > I'm not really a competent C programmer, so I don't know what that means
 > or what I ought to do to get around it.  Is there a precedent for
 > this?

This seems to come up all the time.

Two things:
	First talk to sybase to see if you can't get an n32 version of
the Sybase libs.
	Second, if that fails, rebuild perl to use the o32 libs, and
then rebuild sybperl.

I am not an SGI user, so I don't know the exact command line to do
this, but you should find the info in the manuals for your system.