From: Michael Peppler <mpeppler at mbay dot net>
Subject: Re: sybperl and RedHat 5.1 (again)
Date: Aug 20 1998 2:30PM

Mihai Ibanescu writes:
 > On Thu, 20 Aug 1998, Michael Peppler wrote:
 >
 > > Mihai Ibanescu writes:
 > >  > > That symbol lives in libinsck.so. So maybe you need to add that
 > >  > > library to your link line?
 > >  >
 > >  > 	Ok, I did it. Stupid me. It compiles, but segfaults.. Have no idea
 > >  > why.
 > >
 > > Me neither, unfortunately. Or rather I think I saw a message on the
 > > sybperl mailing list that libtermcap is the culprit, and that you need
 > > to downgrade libtermcap to the version shipped with 5.0 to make things
 > > work.
 >
 > 	Thank you very much, I've sent the message on sybperl-l... :-)
 > 	Yes, that's true. In order to make sybperl work, you have to
 > downgrade libtermcap. But the CGI sybperl scripts still segfault. So do
 > the sample examples taken from the ctlib tarball. Strange.
 > 	gdb shows a SIGSEGV in np_init(). This (internal?) function is
 > called somehow by ct_init(), but I have no idea what it does.

It's something to do with the fork()/exec() code in Apache. The same
problem occurs when you try to run sybperl scripts from a zsh command
line, but from bash it works fine. I don't know what the problem is
(apart from the fact that the Sybase libs are out of date!).

 > 	Also, do you know why sybperl is looking for a file called
 > $SYBASE/install/sybnet.cfg? What is supposed to be in that file?

No, I don't know anything about that.