From: "Athey, Keith" <Keith dot Athey at twc dot state dot tx dot us>
Subject: Default packet size.
Date: Aug 19 1998 8:42PM

I have a question about packet sizes.  I've configured the server to use
a larger packet size than the default 512.  I've set the default and max
network packet size via sp_config but I'm not seeing an increase in
outgoing or incoming packet size from sp_sysmon.  It's still hovering
around 425.  The P&T guide states when the packet size gets close to the
max you should bump it up but they don't say how close.

Powerbuilder is the client.  Is there a config value on the client side
to change in order to negotiate a larger packet size?

Our application is currently network bound so any decrease in network
overhead would help.

Thanks,
Keith Athey