From: Mihai Ibanescu <misa at dntis dot ro>
Subject: RedHat 5.1 users -- good news
Date: Aug 19 1998 1:19PM

		Hello

	YES! Finally I realised what the problem with RedHat 5.1 is.
	The latest libtermcap (2.0.8-9) from the /updates directory on the
RedHat site breaks sybperl. Strange. Very strange.
	To make the whole thing work again, downgrade NOT to an older
RedHat, but to an older libtermcap. The one shipped with the original
version of Manhattan works just fine (2.0.8-7).
	I repeat: the working packages are in the
/contrib/hurricane/i386 directory at RedHat. I'll upload the packages with
the latest sybperl (2.09_05) ASAP.

Best wishes,

						Mihai

	Mihai Ibanescu			Dynamic Network Technologies
http://sysadm.dntis.ro/~misa	      Moara de Foc 35, et. 7, 6600 Iasi
	misa@dntis.ro			    tel. +40-32-252936