From: Mihai Ibanescu <misa at dntis dot ro>
Subject: RH 5.1 problem: coredump
Date: Aug 19 1998 6:34AM

		Hello

	I have searched the archives and this one was not mentioned
anywhere.
	I was able to build a sybperl package for RedHat 5.0 that worked
like a charm. You will still find it in the contrib directory of RedHat,
along with sybperl-ctlib.
	Now, I've upgraded to RH 5.1 and everything started to stink.
	My development system was upgraded from RH5.0 to RH5.1 and still
compiles/runs sybperl without problem. Don't ask me why, it's complete
mystery. I suppose CTlib does not work with the latest versions of glibc,
but I am not sure at all.
	Any fresh install of a RH5.1 box fails. sybperl coredumps
immediately. I can send a strace of the execution, if someone interested.
	My questions:

1. Have you been able to compile sybperl with CTLIB under RH 5.1 (apart
from my development machine... :-)

2. If so, is anyone willong to give me some advices?

	I use sybperl 2.09_05, perl 5.004, and the ctlib found on
Michael's page.

TIA,

						Mihai

	Mihai Ibanescu			Dynamic Network Technologies
http://sysadm.dntis.ro/~misa	      Moara de Foc 35, et. 7, 6600 Iasi
	misa@dntis.ro			    tel. +40-32-252936