From: sy50027 at milton dot sbi dot com (Simon Yaminian)
Subject: Re: Use of variables in batch files
Date: Aug 17 1998 5:16PM

> From jackc@rabo-bank.com Mon Aug 17 12:49:32 1998
> To: "SybPerl Discussion List"
> Cc: sy50027@milton.sbi.com
> From: "Chris Jack"
> Subject: Re: Use of variables in batch files
> Date: Mon, 17 Aug 98 17:49:04 PDT
>
> If you are using isql, the 'go' statement is mandatory.
> I tried your statements in a batch file redirected to isql.
>
> With a 'go' statement it produced the expected results.
> Without a 'go' it produced nothing.
>
> Chris Jack (jackc@rabo-bank.com)
>
> ----------
>

> >   The 'go' statement is not mandatory.
> > Regards
> >
> > Simon Yaminian
> >

> Thanks for the reply;

  I don't know about isql. I use Sybperl's $dbh->dbcmd command to put together
the batch commands and later use the $dbh->dbsqlexec to execute them. In this
setup having or not having the "go" statement as the last command does not make a difference, both produce the same incomplete results which is the showplan
only and not the actual data.

   This I suspect has to do with the use of the variable @count. When not using any variables, all results are coming out.

   Any and all suggestions are welcome.

Simon Yaminian